Monday, January 16, 2012

French Soldes & More New Shoes

As I mentioned (admitted) last week, I went wild buying ballerines marked down 50 to 60 percent. I was swooping and scooping like a mad woman.

Are these beyond cute or what?
The Anniel ballerina slippers give new meaning to fashion, function, comfort, chic. Yes, I do wear them outside -- if it isn't raining and I've pretty much given up on snow this year, but no, I wouldn't wear them in snow. However, they are so easy to slip into my bag I don't think twice about changing from sensible to snappy.

The gold ones I showed you will stay in the house. They are my new slipper/slippers. Since they are fabric I think this is a good decision. They're so cute.
Serious, investment, but incredibly important as a fashion color statement. . .

Aren't they sweet with their sparkle and little grosgrain bows?

Never, ever, ever in my life have I bought so many pairs of shoes at one time. It was as if I was possessed. Terrifying, but tantalizing if you know what I mean.

I may never buy shoes again. Maybe.

Oh yes, you asked me why the sales have legislated start and stop dates which, if not observed can result in a hefty fine. The reason, apparently, is unfair competition. Retailers circumvent the laws by calling markdowns "promotions" whenever they feel so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment