Thursday, April 26, 2012

French News & Views

Why would you?
Most definitely a "this and that" kind of day. As always, I'll separate with mini-headlines. Here we go then. . .

Give Me A Knot Any Day

Unless it was a question of melting them down for resale or redesign, I would opt for the verrrry reasonably priced mariner's knot bracelet from Agatha over the Cartier relaunch -- I'm probably supposed to say "iconic" at this point -- of its "Just Un Clou" ("Just a Nail" )bracelet.


One collection starts at around 35 Euros, the other somewhere in the neighborhood of 4000 Euros.

The collections also include rings. (I admit I prefer the "heft" of the clou.)

Time To Bring Out the Créoles





If you're like me, I wear my créoles almost every day of the year but there is definitely something warm weather festive about them. The choices are always myriad.

At the moment I'm particularly liking these from Gas Bijoux with the bits of colored shell rimming the hoops.

A Costume Change

From Karl to Jean-Paul Gaultier Coca-Cola has a wardrobe update. For the first time ever a bottle of the soft drink has a waist thanks to his lacy bustier.

Speaking of Karl. . .

If you're incredibly bored and you like playing on the Internet you could pass a few minutes chez Karl.com. I know we've already talked about his venture into cyberspace, but really who wants to wear Karl on her chest or on her tote?

I don't get it. Maybe it's an age thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment