Saturday, January 28, 2012

A French Country Weekend

One small fennel. . .
some cabbage. . .

Vegetable soup is simmering in the kitchen with homemade chicken stock as the base and the fresh vegetables from yesterday's market: carrots, baby navet (turnips), leeks, celery, one onion pierced with cloves,  a small bulb of fennel, a handful or two of haricot verts, some cabbage and a bouquet garni. It should be good.


Next on the agenda, arrange the two bunches of coral tulips purchased yesterday.


And finally, I plan to head out to see if I can find some red anemones. Last week I had an all white bouquet, this week I would like one in red. If I can find that luscious purple-y blue, I'll snap them up.

I'll show you the bouquets next week.

Weather report: Cold -- really cold -- bright, cheery, morale-lifting sunshine, early morning frost. Lovely.

A demain mes trés, trés, trés chers ami for the weekly round up which will be exceptionally, particularly interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment