Friday, February 3, 2012

The GREAT Reveal. . .

Illustration by Sophie Griotto


Ever since I started this blog three years ago, I've had a dream. My dream has come true. In fact, it's far, far better than I ever dreamed or imagined.

Rizzoli said "Yes (!), yes we want to publish your book on French women." In my wildest fantasies -- and I've had quite a few -- had someone said to me "if you could choose any publishing house in the world which one would it be?" I would have said, "Rizzoli."

If you click here and once there on "fashion and beauty" you will see the extraordinary books they publish.

Without your support, interest, feedback and kindness this never would have happened. It was entirely possible that no one was interested in a subject that fascinated me, but you were and you inspired me and I could never have done it without you. Truly, this is your book as well and I will never be able to thank you enough for your generosity and support.

You may recall some time ago I wrote a post about believing -- really believing -- and working hard, very, very hard, sometimes dreams really do come true. Never forget that.

The news was announced this week in Publishers Weekly and Rizzoli gave me permission to tell you.

I have a lot of work to do which means I will be writing fewer posts, but I've turned to my darling Marsi (formerly of Luxebytes) who has been in on the secret since day one, and my pal The Class Factotum both of whom have graciously agreed to write posts when their schedules permit.

 I've wanted to tell you for such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment