Saturday, March 17, 2012

A French Country Weekend

Lavender plants. I bought three for each jardiniere. 
If our lives were controlled by calendars, and if you were in my corner of the world yesterday you would have thought it was mid-June.


We had a long, luxurious lunch on a terrace with a glass of chilled Chablis and for dessert fresh strawberries and raspberries. Then we headed off to our favorite nursery to buy my weekly bouquets, a new rose bush to replace the one I loved that did not make it through the winter, lavender for the jardinieres on the front porch and some herbs which will stay in another jardiniere outside the kitchen until the potager is ready to roll next month.

Christmas roses.
I saw some gorgeous Christmas roses that I didn't buy and am now thinking I should. Do you know anything about them? What do you think?

Today is a reality check -- even without a calendar it's clear we are in mid-March. The rains are coming and the temperatures have dipped severely.

I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

A demain mes trés, trés, trés chers amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment