Sunday, April 15, 2012

Next Week or La Semaine Prochaine



Another bright, sunny -- chilly -- day. The garden, after all of last week's rain seems to be happy. The lilacs are about to burst into full bloom; the bushes have their new, soft green and red leaves (the Red Robin variety); the fruit trees are covered in blossoms and my jardinieres are overflowing with pansies after a rough winter when I was sure they didn't make it. One box is all blues and pale purply hues, the other a rich, luminous yellow with a few unexpected orange-y petals.

I hope all is well in your corner of the world and that you're having a beautiful weekend.

Next week should be fun and informative -- "value-added" as Marsi always says. In no particular order, this is what's on the calendar:

Part III of dressing for April in Paris by the brilliant creator of The Vivienne Files.

Part IV of Marsi's continuing series on drainage and bloating -- talk about value-added.

Part II of my scarf game on-the-street with one woman who is not French.**


Maybe, maybe more on-the-street pictures. I promise I'll try.

A fascinating essay from one of you. It's a surprise.

And, if I don't find great photo ops, or women who agree to them, I'll substitute a News & Views day. I do have lots to tell you.

**In last Tuesday's Scarves & La Femme Française those of you who chose the third woman were right. And, Anonymous, yes it is my daughter -- in the summer, which explains the sandals -- who grew-up in France from the age of eight. Next week, the non-French woman is not American.

A demain mes darling amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment