Friday, May 18, 2012

Color Me Peach Daiquiri

How about a Peach Daiquiri?
After much reflection, I've come to the conclusion that I'm somewhat peculiar. Now, if you have already deduced this inclination chez moi, please do not feel obliged to confirm my suspicions.

You may wonder specifically why I have come to this realization. I'm going to tell you. It's because I experience what is probably an uncommon pleasure looking at my toes. Now, just wait. Not my toes for the sake of my toes, but rather my beautifully pedicured, polished toes. They make me soooo happy.

When I spring out of bed in the morning, they're the first thing I see and just like that I feel an involuntary smile starting my day.

What can I say? I can't explain it. It's a major simple pleasure for me.

Since you're no doubt anxious to know what has been decorating my toes for the last two days, I thought I would share with you. It's Peach Daiquiri by Essie, a warm, rich coral that gives me a particularly joyous morning frisson. It feels festive. Coral, if we care, is an IT color at the moment. Much less expensive than other "it" indulgences and as far as I'm concerned probably gives more pleasure for the dollar/Euro than many of the other passing fancies.

Daring, dangerous, delightful, Jungle Red.
During the winter I was wearing a color I never would have chosen or bought for myself, Jungle Red from Nars. It was a Christmas gift from one of my favorite people and it made me happy on cold, gray mornings. Peach Daiquiri, I feel, announces the arrival of summer and maybe even a peach daiquiri which I have never tasted, but must be delicious.

While we're on the subject, I've noticed that Essie has become tres a la mode in France. Some of the biggest and best spas have chosen the fun color range as their sole polish choice.


Now, for your "value-added" tip of the day -- large and small alike -- beauty emporiums whether they feature Essie polishes or not, all love the fast drying, dropper dispensed product as the final touch to their pedicures.  It's true, the time from bare feet to shoes is cut in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment