Saturday, May 19, 2012

A French Country Weekend



It is cold, rain is forecast and we might have another hail storm like the ones we had on Tuesday and Wednesday. We've turned the heat back on and I've taken out the boutis from the linen closet.


I had washed my beloved worn and warm boutis and folded them with the lavender filled organza bags I made from our many, many lavender plants. Now that I think about it, I don't know why I took them off all the beds to stow until fall. At any rate, they smell delicious and it's a wonderful way to drift off to sleep in a cloud of lavender.
Take one small organza bag, fill with lavender, tie the ribbon and voila(!) you have a sachet.
What I've decided to do is rotate. Since I have several, I think I'll keep some out all the time, wash, change, add lavender sachets and start all over again. It's a project.

Just back from the market where I bought fresh chevre, cherry tomatoes and lots of other fruits and vegetables. I bought a melon to make a wish upon later today. (You know, each new season, a new fruit and upon each new fruit a wish.)

Now I think I'll stuff my cherry tomatoes with the chevre. My boutis and chevre make me feel French.

A demain my precious amis. I hope you're having a lovely weekend and that the sun is shining on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment