Saturday, May 12, 2012

A French Country Weekend


In the center of the town near our village, a miniscule square of land was turned into a reflection/meditation "park" where I sometimes sit to do just that.


I thought you might like to see it. For the moment the roses are waiting to bloom and it's pretty in its austerity, but not as lovely as it will be in a month. Still, it has a magic serenity and it makes me think -- in a town where property prices are exorbitant -- the powers that be decided a few flowered square meters  around a simple dribbly fountain might give us pause, slow us down and put some perspective in the bustle of life. It's a lovely gift I think.

Speaking of lovely gifts, thank you so much for your kind, loving comments and for those of you who just signed on to follow and, of course, for those of you who have been with me all along. You make my heart burst with joy. If that sounds trite; it's not. It is true. You have changed my life in more ways than you can ever know.

P.S.: When the roses turn "my" tiny idyll into a secret garden, I'll take new pictures for you.

A demain my precious amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment